Baghdad Girl

Blogging Since 2004

Saturday, December 07, 2013

Life, as we share it

Away from politics, wars and international problems, we still have a life to face. I have been struggling to decide what shall I do for my future after graduation (since its happening in August) and I am still confused on whether I should finish master's degree or get a job for like two years and then go do master's. My profession as an architect is very critical when it comes to  experience because it is preferred over master's and PhD's but  yet again, I am also thinking of pursuing another profession which I deeply love, that is writing and journalism, I even thought I would combine the two professions and maybe something nice would come out but the thing is, I am really not sure if it will be successful money wise because I still need to make a living and I like being independent. So what do you guys think, should I pursue a career that can provide money or one that I deeply love??

5 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Go with love. But one can combine things as you noted. You express yourself well in writing which is an asset for any profession. If you continue with the architecture classes, take a few writing classes on the side or contribute a column to the school newspaper. Remember, you are not required to follow the path of the highest salary.

    Some day, post some of your architecture drawings or photos of your models.

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Raghda said...

    Wise words :P I have posted a picture of one of my projects, its the white one down

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    oh, right. I forgot. Would there be glass over the cuts or is it open? If open, the acoustics on a windy day could be interesting.

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I first read your blog when you were 12 years old, writing about your cats and life in Iraq. I am so glad that you have continued your studies, and have a promising life and career ahead of you. You are an amazing young lady. Best wishes for your future.

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Blogger Raghda said...

    thank you guys <3 you are all a gift from god to me. I will always love this blog and its readers

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home